Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Julie Walters Still Beautiful in Her 60s

What will you do when you turn to your 60s? Maybe you would like to raise a little dog and walk it in the dusk after supper. However, Julie Walters claims that she will never retire, and she even gets much more work offers than before.

The actress, 61, said she knew many actresses who had secretly gone under the knife. But she said she was happy simply to suck in her stomach and wear Spanx. When she shot for a magazine, she wore a red dress, matching with a pair of black high heels and bling bling Epink Fasthion necklace. Her smile was very impressing.







She told the magazine: ‘This is what 61 really looks like. I have never done Botox or had surgery and because of that I have started to get a lot of approaches that I wouldn’t have expected from America.

‘A producer told me that they can’t find real actresses in their 60s – I am one of very few in the business. It’s ironic that all these actresses who think having surgery and looking younger will help their career are actually losing out on parts that are coming to me because I have white hair and laughter lines.’

Miss Walters, who won Best Actress Baftas and Golden Globes for her role in Educating Rita in 1983 and an Oscar nomination for her performance in Billy Elliot, also told Woman magazine: ‘Even the actresses you think haven’t had surgery, have. I don’t think Meryl Streep has but there are other people – I won’t name names – who say they haven’t and I think “you’ve had two facelifts that I know of.’

‘People say “isn’t so and so marvellous for her age?” Oh please, get real.’ The mother of one said she would never go under the surgeon’s knife herself. I love to eat and I love to drink. I don’t diet any more but I do wear Spanx because I am fat in the middle,’ she said. ‘My arms and legs look quite slim but really I am a barrel on sticks.’ Actually, she looks stunning in her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment